Sponsors & Exhibitors
Radar and Radio Range Simulation - Using Fiber Optic Delay Lines - By Jerry Lomurno and Joe Mazzochette
Fiber Optic Delay Line systems (FODL) are used in test and development laboratories to eliminate outdoor range testing of radio and radar systems. Outdoor range testing is costly, complex and time-consuming. The key advantage of FODL system technology is the repeatability of the simulation. FODL eliminates environmental anomalies such as weather and other interfering transmissions. Planning and preparation costs of setting up range tests alone all too often lost due to very minor unforeseen operational and system errors. Thousands of dollars, and hundreds of hours, can be saved using FODL in place of, or together with, reduced range testing.
The main advantages of FODL systems are:
- Dramatic savings in test cost and time, keeping projects on time and under budget
- Accuracy, repeatability, and reliability
- In-lab testing up to 150 miles including "range formula" level set
- Designers can perform device under test (DUT) optimization in lab
- Brings testing into 21st century by combining optics with microwave technology
Xilinx is the world’s leading provider of All Programmable FPGAs, SoCs, MPSoCs and 3D ICs, enabling the next generation of smarter, connected, and differentiated systems and networks.
Xilinx’s portfolio of software defined and hardware optimized solutions include proven C and IP based design tools supporting development of ‘software defined hardware’, and a new family of software development environments that supports the development of ‘software defined systems’. With this unique combination, Xilinx is addressing the rapidly growing demands for programmability and intelligence with software, while enabling >10X the bandwidth, 1/10th the latency and power, and flexible any-to-any connectivity with optimized hardware.
Evans Capacitor designs and manufactures the most power dense capacitors in the world. EVANSCAPS provide maximum power in a highly ruggedized hermetic Tantalum package. In a world of limited space and weight, EVANSCAPS enable the high current pulse power required to realize the potential of GaN based T/R Modules. EVANSCAPS provide maximum capacitance, low ESR, and excellent heat transfer while minimizing weight and volume.
NEL Frequency Controls
Corporate Synopsis: NEL Frequency Controls is a leading USA manufacturer of Ultra Low Phase Noise frequency control products. Customers needing low phase noise performance advantages for their Radar applications choose NEL Frequency Controls. Highlighted low phase noise products for Radar applications include-
- Low Phase Noise 1.28 GHz OCXO in 36x27 mm package (-80 dBc/Hz @ 10Hz, -157 dBc/Hz on the floor)
- Low Phase Noise Dual Frequency (10MHz/ 100MHz) OCXO (-125 dBc/Hz @ 10Hz for 100 MHz output)
- Low Phase Noise 100 MHz TCXO with low G sensitivity (-105 dBc/Hz @ 10 Hz, -174 dBc/Hz on the floor)
- Low Phase Noise X Band Synthesizer with internal 1 GHz ULPN OCXO (-90 dBc/Hz @ 100 Hz for 10.6 GHz output)
- Atomic Clock Phase Noise Clean-Up Module…up to -50 dBc/ Hz phase noise improvement
- Ultra Low Phase Noise at Microwave frequencies…superior close to carrier phase noise performance
Lucomm Technologies develops innovative sensing products based on proprietary technologies which combine sensing diversity and semantic intelligence. Our semantic sensing platform and product suite is applicable in a variety of markets including retail, logistics, manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, infrastructure, security, building management, and others.
Advanced sensing and spatial technologies coupled with innovative semantic intelligence enable our customers to streamline operations. We empower customers with semantic tools for increased operational efficiency, interpretation capability and security. Semantic technologies foster seamless interoperability and coordination between heterogeneous systems and actors.
We partner with technology companies and system integrators to provide innovative solutions to our customers.